November 1, 1968 - November 1, 1968 A new addition to the Human History Gallery featured some of the recently-donated uniforms and equipment of Superintendant H. Forbes, a long-serving officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
The donation included RCMP regulation sword, Sam Browne belt, scarlet serge tunics for formal dress occasions, blue serge tunics, brown serge tunics, and badges of various ranks in the force.
The images featured a variety of structures ranging from a log cabin to a town house, a grain elevator to an Ontario-style barn, from a town hall to a church.
December 1, 1968 - January 20, 1969 The exhibition featured a Christmas tree surrounded by toys of bygone days, ranging from an 1854 rocking horse to a Shirley Temple doll of the 1930s. December 1, 1968 - January 20, 1969 The exhibition featured a Christmas tree surrounded by toys of bygone days, ranging from an 1854 rocking horse to a Shirley Temple doll of the 1930s. December 6, 1968 - December 6, 1968 In its first year of operation, more than 314,000 people visited the Museum.
December 6, 1967 - December 6, 1967 The Provincial Museum and Archives of Alberta was officially opened by the Honourable Judy La Marsh, Secretary of State, and the Honourable Ernest C. Second-floor galleries focused on Settlement and Agriculture, Pioneer Life, and Industry and Commerce.
Eleven mammals were mounted in the habitat section and several scale models of future dioramas had been prepared.
The exhibition was circulated by the Norman Mckenzie Art Gallery of Regina. November 1, 1968 - December 30, 1968 This exhibition featured Latvian folk costumes, handicrafts, and paintings, loaned to the Museum by the Latvian Association of Alberta, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of Latvia as a sovereign state (November 18 1918). The display included a 1912 telephone answering machine, electric scissors invented in 1929, a 1933 shaving soap dispenser, an aircraft computer for measuring the weight and balance of an aircraft in flight, a battery-operated neon flasher for marking airport runways, several waterproof switches, and numerous other electronic devices.
The photographs were taken by Olive Roberts and Terry Fenton. Roman Gonsett came to Canada from western Ukraine in 1907 and settled in Edmonton. In his lifetime, he secured registrations of nearly 100 patents in his own name.
Superintendant Forbes joined the RCMP in 1933 and, apart from an interval of war service, served until the late 1960s, retiring as Commanding Officer of the Edmonton Subdivision.November 1, 1968 - December 1, 1968 The exhibition included 54 photographs showing the use of various construction materials, such as logs, wood framing, metal siding, fieldstone, and brick. On the Museum's opening day, visitors were able to explore three main floor galleries: Fur Trade, Native Peoples of Alberta, and a display of early photographs of Aboriginal people taken by Ernest Brown and Harry Pollard. Grant Mac Ewan, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, was among the dignitaries attending the ceremony.November 6, 1968 - November 6, 1968 Publication of the first issue of an Information Bulletin produced by the Provincial Museum and Archives of Alberta.The Bulletin was produced on a weekly or fortnightly basis until 1972.